BUS TRANSPORTATION. PART 1. NATIONAL AND GENERAL STUDIES (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
A broad coverage is made of research on bus transportation. Part 1 deals with topics of general and national scope, such as safety, maintenance, scheduling, engines and propulsion, travel demand, costs, stations and terminals, subsidies, fuel, special services, user groups, bus types, vehicle engineering, and highway aspects. Traffic models, mathematical analysis, computer aided planning, marketing, and urban needs are also discussed. Other subjects are express routes, air pollution, fares, ridership, bus lanes, forecasting, simulation, park-and-ride, personnel training, crime and vandalism, comfort, operating and handling dynamics, and allied topics. (This updated bibliography contains 242 abstracts, 31 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Kenton, E
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 248 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Analysis; Bibliographies; Bus lines; Bus transportation; Buses; Communities; Computer programming; Costs; Facilities; Operating costs; Passenger transportation; Public administration; Public relations; Regional planning; Revenues; Routes; Scheduling; Statistics; Surveys; Transportation operations; Transportation system management; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Transportation management
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00185702
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1981 12:00AM