A DIGITAL-ANALOG COMPUTER OF THE FREQUENCY OF CHARACTERISTIC OSCILLATIONS OF A SHIP
TSIFROANALOGOVYI VYCHISLITEL CHASTOTY SOBSTVENNYKH KOLEBANII KORABLYA
The article describes in detail the structure and functioning of a computer designed for use on board ship for the specific task of figuring the mean current value of the ships roll involving a change in center of gravity. Factors of amplitude and period of roll are collected and stored in the computer. Comparison of input data with normal data for the same ship is linked to an alarm system when analysis indicates that stability limits are in danger of being exceeded.
- Edited machine translation of monograph vychislitelnaya Tekhnika, Minsk, 1965, pp81-99.
Foreign Technology DivisionWright-Patterson Air Force Base
Dayton, OH USA 45433
- Chegolin, P M
- Publication Date: 1967-12
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Rolling; Ship motion; Stability (Mechanics); Voyage management systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Roll amplitude; Ship response
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00015121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-MT-24-340-67
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 13 1971 12:00AM