TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION. VOLUME 1. 1964-1976 (CITATIONS FROM THE NTIS DATA BASE)
Unique tunneling methods, cost studies, tunnel support innovations, tunneling machines, and soil and rock properties encountered are investigated in these Government-sponsored research reports. Vehicular, water, sewage, and mine tunnels are reviewed. Finite element analysis is used extensively for investigation of soil and rock mechanics. (This updated bibliography contains 281 abstracts, none of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Habercom Jr, G E
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 288 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Analysis; Bibliographies; Costs; Excavation and tunneling; Finite element method; Geological events; Physical properties; Rock mechanics; Rocks; Soil mechanics; Tunnel lining; Tunnel supports; Tunneling; Tunneling machines; Underground structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Geological conditions; Rock properties; Tunnel excavation; Underground supporting
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00185674
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM