DRIVER BEHAVIOR UNDER ABNORMAL CONDITIONS: PHYSICAL IMPAIRMENT, DRUGS, AND GASES (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
Reports on the performance of motor vehicle operators under unusual conditions are cited. Conditions of stress and fatigue, drug use, physiological effects of exposure to noxious fumes, and physical impairments such as deafness, glaucoma, and heart disease and their effects on driver performance are included. However, studies on alcohol effects are excluded. (This updated bibliography contains 56 abstracts, 5 of which are new entries to previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Young, M E
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Auditory perception; Behavior; Bibliographies; Carbon monoxide; Data communications; Deafness; Driver performance; Drivers; Drugs; Fatigue (Physiological condition); Fumes; Hallucinogenic drugs; Impervious membranes; Performance; Personnel performance; Physically handicapped persons; Prevention; Safety; Stress (Physiology); Stress (Psychology); Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Vision
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Auditory defects; Driver vision
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00185673
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM