PROFILES OF SCHEDULED AIR CARRIER DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL OPERATIONS FOR TOP 100 U.S. AIRPORTS
This report provides data on total scheduled air carrier operations by hour of the day for Friday, August 5, 1977, for the top 100 airports within the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. The selection of the top 100 airports was based on the rank order of the number of air carrier passenger enplanements in domestic and international service in 1973. Two graphs are provided for each airport which visually depict (1) total number of arrivals and departures by hour, and (2) total aircraft operations by hour, detailed by the following types of service: Domestic trunk Pax, Local service Pax, Air taxi Pax, International Pax (U.S. and Foreign Flag), and All-cargo Operations. These profiles provide a clear visual presentation of aircraft operations at major airports for use in analyzing changes in workload throughout the day, for comparing and noting different hourly traffic patterns among these airports, and for establishing a base for readily identifying changes in traffic patterns over time.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 307 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic; Aircraft operations; Airlines; Airports; Arrivals and departures; Civil aviation; Landing; Statistics; Tables (Data); Takeoff; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic patterns
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft landing; Airline operations; Airline traffic statistics; Scheduled air carriers; Trunk airlines
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00185593
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1981 12:00AM