MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRANSPORTATION EDUCATION. A REVIEW AND PROPOSAL
This study points out the need for an educational program which is responsive to the needs of transportation professionals in California and especially Southern California. This area needs a multidisciplinary educational program in order to meet existing and future demands placed upon transportation professionals. This need is recognized at the national level as evidence by Section 11 (a) of the Urban Mass Transportation Act of 1964. Professional transportation organizations and individual studies have voiced the need for a multidisciplinary approach to the training of transportation professionals. This study gives examples of successful multidisciplinary transportation programs. The need is indicated for the formation and support of a Transportation Center. Such a Center will be an expression of the commitment of both Universities and transportation agencies to educate professionals to meet the present and future needs.
Joint Center for Transportation Studies202 C Street
San Diego, CA United States 92101
- Taylor, T M
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 186 p.
- TRT Terms: Education; Multidisciplinary teams; Passenger terminals; Professional personnel; Reviews; Training; Transportation; Universities and colleges
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00185395
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Joint Center for Transportation Studies
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1979 12:00AM