INTERACTIVE GRAPHICS AIDED DESIGN SYSTEM--SUMMARY OF GENERAL SYSTEM DESIGN
This report gives, in addition to a summary of the general design, a discussion of some of the general design, a discussion of some of the philosophies used in designing the system. The overall objective of the study is to develop a roadway design system utilizing graphics, cathode ray tubes as an interface between the designer and the computer with emphasis on graphics input and output. The system will use as a base existing engineering design systems, specifically the Roadway Design System (RDS) developed by the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation, and the digital geographic data base produced by the Texas Automated Mapping System.
- Prepared in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
- CRAWFORD, W L
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer graphics; Databases; Digital computers; Highway design; Information processing; Mapping
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00185365
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DHT-1-19-75-520-2 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8910
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1979 12:00AM