FUEL, LUBRICATION, AND WATER
TOPLIVO, SMAZKA, VODA
This book is divided into three sections. The first reviews the classification, composition, and basic properties of various types of fuels, and ways to economize fuel and normalize its consumption on diesel locomotives. The second section presents the basic characteristics, methods of obtaining, and uses for lubricating oils. The third section describes the composition and properties of natural waters, reasons for the formation of deposits and corrosion of metals, methods for the preliminary treatment of water, and methods of preparing water for cooling diesel locomotive engines and feeding steam locomotive boilers. The book has been approved by the main department of educational institutions as a textbook for use in instructing technical students and as a teaching aid for students in technical schools of railroad transportation.
- Full translation available at the Joint Publications Research Service, 1000 North Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia 22201.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Gonchazov, V M
- Murzin, L G
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooling systems; Corrosion protection; Diesel fuels; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Lubricating oils; Textbooks
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00185364
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1979 12:00AM