INSTRUCTIONS FOR OPERATION OF RAILROAD ROLLING STOCK BRAKES
INSTRUKTSIYA PO EKSPLUATATSII TORMOZOV PODVIZHNOGO SOSTAVA ZHELEZNYKH DOROG
These instructions establish the requirements and norms for the maintenance and servicing of braking equipment on rolling stock, as well as for controlling the brakes on trains. They constitute the basic guide for the operation of brakes on the railroads of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. The chapter headings are (1) The preparation of braking equipment, (2) The procedure of changing control cabs on locomotives and MU trains (3) Coupling of the locomotive to the consist and testing train brakes, (4) Supplying the train with brakes, (5) Procedure for placing and hooking up automatic brakes on trains (6) Care of automatic brakes on the road, (7) Brake control on trains, (8) General rules for the preparation of automatic rakes and control of them on freight trains weighing more than 6,000 tons, (9) Engineer actions during a required stop at a siding, (10) Engineer actions when delivering a train to a station after it has been broken up, (11) Brake control when a train is moving with dual or multiple traction, (12) Uncoupling of the locomotive from the consist, (13) Procedure for hooking up automatic brakes on inactive locomotives and cars of MU rolling stock transferred to trains in car groupings and brake control, (14) Operation of automatic brakes in winter conditions, and (15) Brake checks.
- Full translation available at Joint Publications Research Service, 1000 North Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia 22201.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 145 p.
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Brakes; Braking; Cold weather; Control; Control devices; Locomotives; Manuals; Multiple unit locomotives; Multiple unit trains; Operations; Railroads; Train operations; Vehicle tests
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake systems; Brake tests; Braking control; Locomotive controls; Long trains
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00185360
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1979 12:00AM