REFERENCE BOOK ON BRAKES. THIRD EDITION
SPRAVOCHNIK PO TORMOZAM
The reference book presents diagrams of locomotive braking equipment, multiple-unit (MU) rolling stock, and cars of the railroads of the U.S.S.R. Presented are the sizes of the basic components and parts of braking equipment subject to wear, repair tolerances established for these components and parts, diagrams of brake rigging norms for calculating the applied force of brake shoes, correlative curves for track braking distance versus speed, the inclination and applied force of brake shoes, and lists and consumption norms for spare parts. This third edition of the reference book is supplemented with data on new brake apparatus accepted for manufacture, as well as on experimental apparatus in operation, diagrams of brake equipment on new rolling stock, comparative characteristics of foreign brake apparatus, technical requirements for redesigning brake apparatus, and technical conditions for brake apparatus. The sections on apparatus for high-speed trains, electro-pneumatic brakes, and materials used in brake manufacturing have been considerably expanded. The reference book is designed for engineers, inspectors, superintendents, and foremen involved in brake repair, as well as other engineering technical employees of railroad transportation connected with the operation of rolling stock brakes. It can be used in diploma and course planning.
- Full translation available at the Joint Publications Research Service, 1000 North Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia 22201.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Krylov, V I
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 448 p.
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Brake components; Brake shoes; Brakes; Braking performance; High speed rail; Manuals; Valves; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Electropneumatic brakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake design; Brake systems; Brake valves
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00185359
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1979 12:00AM