METHODS FOR DETERMINING THE OPERATIONAL QUALITY OF TRACK, AND TECHNICAL DEVICES USED TO CHECK AND EVALUATE TRACK CONDITION
METODY OPREDELENIYA EKSPLUATATSIONNYKH KACHESTV PUTI I TEKHNICHESKIE SREDSTVA, PRIMENYAEMYE DLIA PROVERKI I OTSENKI SOSTOYANIYA PUTI
The system of track inspection (including frequency of inspection, methods used, and components checked) guarantees a timely detection of deviations from established maintenance standards and of defects in the track; such deviations and defects may have an adverse impact on the regularity of train traffic. Given are the types of track inspections and checks, which are subdivided according to the times at which they are performed. A table is included that presents the priorities and times for track inspections and checks by officials. Listed are the areas for which inspections reveal visually perceptible violations of the soundness of track components, and their deficiencies and failures in meeting maintenance standards. Given are the types of track-measuring devices used to identify places where there are gross divergencies from standards and tolerances for rail gage maintenance and to identify parameters that do not lend themselves to visual inspection. Specified are the conditions considered to be sufficient for maintaining mainline, receiving, and departure tracks in good working order. The procedure for evaluating the operational quality of track in terms of the track's strength and condition is described.
- Full translation available at the Joint Publications Research Service, 1000 North Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia 22201.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Inspection; Maintenance of way; Measuring instruments; Railroad tracks; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Gauge measuring devices; Track defects; Track inspection; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00185356
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1979 12:00AM