SEAKEEPING THEORIES: WHAT IS THE CHOICE
This Paper presents the state-of-the-art in the seakeeping theories from the point of view of their practical application. Firstly, the evaluation of seakeeping theories is briefly presented and the hydrodynamic problem is formulated for a number of different sets of assumptions together with some comment on their physical implications. Some particular methods of solution which are being used frequently are discussed and the inter-relationship between various approaches highlighted. The practical utility of various methods are then shown with a special emphasis on their limitations due to their underlying assumptions. Finally, based on the demands of current and near future applications, some possible lines of future research are speculated. Order from BSRA as No. 49,228.
- Paper presented at meeting of the North East Coast Institution of Engineers and Shipbuilders, held in Newcastle upon Tyne, November 14, 1977.
North East Coast Inst of Engineers & ShipbuildersBolbec Hall, Westgate Road
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- Odabasi, A Y
- Hearn, G E
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrodynamics; Seakeeping; State of the art
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00185316
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM