PHOTOGRAMMETRIC MONITORING OF A GABION WALL
A photogrammetric monitoring method of structural deformation has been developed during the course of this project. The Gabion Wall which is part of the I-90 project has been used as the site for practical tests of the theoretical development. The monitoring consists of photographing the structure from three camera stations with KA-2 f=24" camera. The camera has been modified to a plate camera to provide the maximum accuracy. The methodology consists of the geodetic determination of the camera location and the orientation and photogrammetric determination of targets (natural and artificial) on the structure. During the course of this project more than 100 target ocations were determined by three dimensional coordinates. The maximum error was found to be plus 3/4 inch; the average, 1/2 inch. This represents a relative accuracy of from 1/58,000 to 1/120,000 of the photographic distance. Using the actual construction site for research has permitted immediate implementation. The instrumentation as well as the methodology along with the computer program has been transmitted to the Washington State Higwhay Department & their Photogrammetric Branch has been assisted in the implementation. /FHWA/
- Record URL:
- Conducted in cooperation with the Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration. Sponsored by the Washington State Highway Commission.
University of Washington, SeattleDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering, P.O. Box 352700
Seattle, WA United States 98195-2700
- Veress, S A
- Hou, MCY
- Flint, E E
- Sun, L L
- Hatzopoulos, J N
- Jijina, C
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Cameras; Construction sites; Gabions; Monitoring; Moving target indicators; Photogrammetry; Photography; Walls
- Old TRIS Terms: Target point
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00185275
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-WA-78-31.1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Y-1699
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM