DEVELOP AND EVALUATE A SUBSTITUTE FOR CHROME YELLOW IN YELLOW TRAFFIC LINE STRIPES
Chrome yellow has been used as the standard yellow pigment in yellow traffic paint for many years. Recently, in view of ever increasing environmental awareness and continuing investigations into the toxicity of lead and chromate compounds, a study was required to find if a suitable non lead-chromate pigment were available. /FHWA/
- Sponsored by California Department of Transportation and conducted in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration.
5900 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, CA United States 95819
- Chatto, D R
- Shelly, T L
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Lead (Metal); Paint; Road marking materials; Yellow
- Uncontrolled Terms: Replacing
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic marking materials
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00185254
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-CA-78-TL-18 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: D-5-51
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM