STEADY-STATE INVESTIGATIONS ON A MULTI-PHASE CHOPPER-MOTOR SYSTEM
A general procedure for analyzing a multiphase chopper-motor system is presented. The analytical express to obtain complete solutions for load current, load voltage, and individual phase currents are developed. The validity of the analysis developed is checked for a two-phase chopper case. This analysis is claimed to be an improvement over all existing methods for predicting multiphase chopper-motor performance. Results of experimental investigation on a separately excited dc motor fed by a two-phase chopper show vividly the improvements achieved in the source current and the load current waveforms and hence in the machine operating characteristics as compared to those obtainable on the single-phase chopper. It is also shown that the torque-speed characteristics obtained with a two-phase chopper come very close to those obtained under dc mains operation.
- IEEE Power Eng Soc, Summer Meeting, Los Angeles, California, July 16-21, 1978.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Arockiasamy, R
- Bhatia, C M
- Jha, C S
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Choppers (Electricity); Direct current motors; Electric power conditioning
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Old TRIS Terms: Choppers
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00184961
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper F 78 709-8 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM