NOISE-CON 77 PROCEEDINGS: NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON NOISE CONTROL ENGINEERING, 1977
Thirty-six papers are presented. The first section of this Proceedings is devoted to reports from several organizations on the status of programs on the Federal, State and local levels. The second section deals with environmental impact and on the noise environment created by both air and surface transportation systems. The first group of papers deals with environmental impact, cost-effectiveness analysis and safety and economic considerations in tire noise control. The second group of papers deals primarily with noise environments created by rail transit systems and aircraft. The third section has been devoted to the prediction of noise levels, propagation effects and the effects of barriers and earth berms. Several papers are included on the state-of-the-art in rail transit noise, highway noise and aircraft noise. The proceedings also include papers devoted to standards and measurements of the noise generated by transportation systems.
Noise Control FoundationBox 1758
Poughkeepsie, NY United States 12603
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 502 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft noise; Berms; Cost effectiveness; Environmental impacts; Federal government; Forecasting; Local government; Noise; Noise barriers; Noise control; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Safety; Sound level; State government; State of the art; Tires; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00184945
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1981 12:00AM