INDEX TO MODEL AND EXPANDED RESISTANCE DATA SHEETS NO. 1-175
The aim of this project has been first, to develop a standard form for the reporting of model test results, and second, to make available on these forms some of the actual test results which have been obtained at model testing establishments in this country and abroad. The panels have also developed standard forms for reporting open-water propeller tests and self-propulsion tests, and actual test data on these forms will be published. Although the number of models reported in the compilation to date totals one hundred seventy-five, a wide range of ship types has been selected. These models are unrelated in form, but series models can be added to the compilation at any time. The index should be of assistance in the selection of models within specific ranges of hull form coefficients and ratios. The following information is included in this index: sheet number, testing laboratory, laboratory model number, block coefficient, prismatic coefficient, maximum section coefficient, waterplane coefficient, length-beam ratio, beam-draft ratio, fatness ratio, type of vessel, number of propellers and the Froude number corresponding to the designed speed of the vessel. Five separate indices are included which list the above information in the following order: (1) by consecutive sheet number, (2) by increasing order of prismatic coefficient, (3) by increasing order of beam-draft ratio, (4) by increasing order of fatness ratio, (5) by type of vessel; subdivided into number of screws and listed in increasing order of the designed Froude number. The type of vessel is represented by three letters which may be identified by reference to the list of abbreviations given.
- Technical and Research Bulletin No. 1-14. Prepared by the Resistance and Propulsion Panel of the Hydrodynamics Committee of the Technical and Research Committees. Originally Published in December 1958.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1966-3
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Fluid resistance; Froude number; Hulls; Open water tests; Propellers; Resistance tests; Ship motion; Ships; Structural models; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance; Ship models
- Old TRIS Terms: Effects; Model testing; Propeller characteristics; Self propulsion
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00184801
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Reprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM