GETTING A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE METRIC SYSTEM--IMPLICATIONS IF ADOPTED BY THE UNITED STATES--EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Whether the Nation's measurement system should be changed is a question still unresolved. GAO has looked into the subject of metrication--conversion to the metric system of measurement. This report provides the Congress, the Administration, the newly formed U.S. Metric Board, and in turn all Americans with a better understanding of the issues involved.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1978-10-20
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Costs; Metric system
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Metric conversion
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00184798
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: U.S. General Accounting Office
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-78-128A Cong Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1996 12:00AM