PLANEOPT--A PLANING BOAT OPTIMIZATION PROGRAM--PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION
Planeopt is a preliminary design computer program for planing boats. An efficient direct search routine allows the user to optimize the dimensions of a planing boat yielding a vessel with the best resistance characteristics for operation in either smooth or rough water. All input and program control is interactive to allow versatility and ease of operation.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- Aferiat, S
- Publication Date: 1977-4-29
- Pagination: 82 p.
- Issue Number: 190
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computer graphics; Fluid resistance; Hulls; Hydrodynamics; Hydroplanes; Naval architecture; Optimization; Ship motion; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance; Interactive graphics; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00184787
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM