SITOR--WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT
Although the rest of the maritime world has progressed in this area that provides improved communications, in the United States after all these years there still seems to be a mystery surrounding Simplex Teleprinting Over Radio (SITOR) or to further clarify this system, Radio Telex at Sea. This paper will attempt to dispel these mysteries and present the simplicity of installation and operation, the economical advantages and, above all, the efficient and reliable means of communications it offers.
- Symposium Papers presented at RTCM Assembly Meeting April 17-20, 1978, Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Canada. With the participation of International Association of Great Lakes Ports. Volume I, WARC 79 and Satellites and Advanced Systems.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC United States 20554
- Berte, S J
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Radio; Telecommunications
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00184769
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 1.G
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM