ELSEVIER'S NAUTICAL DICTIONARY
This is a second completely revised edition of its 1965 three volume predecessor. This new dictionary is now produced in a complete one volume work containing more than 13,000 terms. This represents a 50% increase over the original dictionary, in keeping with the new phrases and terms created by the tremendous technological activity in the maritime world in the last decade. The dictionary presents the English terms with their equivalents in French, Spanish, Italian, German and Dutch. In certain cases U.S. variations are included. Special attention is paid to such fields as: marine insurance, container and LASH shipping, supertankers, offshore facilities, hovercrafts, electronic navigation, naval technology including submarine engineering, beacons and buoys, meteorology, oceanology, and the law of the sea.
Amsterdam, Netherlands 1043 NX
- Vandenberghe, J P
- Chaballe, L Y
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 950 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Beacons; Buoys; Containerization; Definitions; Dictionaries; Electronic navigation; Lashing; Marine insurance; Maritime law; Meteorology; Navigation; Supertankers; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Electronic navigation aids; Lash; Navigation vocabulary
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00184756
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM