MONITORING RAILWAY SYSTEM SAFETY AND OPERATION WITH ON-LINE COMPUTER
An on-line, real-time computing facility, based on a PDP 11/70 and designed to monitor the safety and operation of a railway system is described. The basic components of the facility include memory management, 2K byte parity bipolar cash memory, 128K byte parity core memory expansion, 1600 BPI 9 track magnetic tape drive and control at 75 inch per second, 20M byte disk drive and control, 64 Ch 600 LPM printer and two 512 channel pulse height analyzers. The system will have an RSX-11M operating system and a Fortran IV license.
- Paper Presentations Proc Digital Equipment Computer Users Society, Volume 3 No. 5, Australia DECUS Symposium; James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, August 29-September 2, 1977.
Digital Equipment CorporationMaynard, MA United States 01754
- Kemeny, L G
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Applications; Centralized traffic control; Computers; Control systems; Information processing; Railroads; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations control systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00184652
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM