TRAINS -- AN EXPERIMENTAL INTERACTIVE GRAPHICS MODEL
A graphics-based simulation model of a large works rail system is described. Driven interactively with a light pen by an operator who performs all planning functions as the need arises, TRAINS is conceptually simple, flexible and highly visible in operation. The program was designed in SIMULA-like pseudocode from the top down to run in BASIC-Plus under RSTS/E on a PDP-11/40. This is linked to a GT40 graphics terminal running under the PICTUREBOOK software package. The BASIC implementation makes extensive use of virtual strings to emulated Simula objects and lists. Total development time for the project was four months.
- Paper Presentations Proc Digital Equipment Computer Users Society, Volume 3 No. 5, Australia DECUS Symposium; James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, August 29-September 2, 1977.
Digital Equipment CorporationMaynard, MA United States 01754
- Brand, R A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Applications; Computer graphics; Computer programs; Control systems; Dispatching; Industrial railroads; Information processing; Railroads; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Old TRIS Terms: Basic; Operations control systems
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00184651
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM