DIESEL ODOR SAMPLING AND ANALYSIS USING THE DIESEL ODOR ANALYSIS SYSTEM (DOAS)
Diesel Odor sampling and analysis techniques and procedures using the Arthur D. Little, Inc. Diesel Odor Analysis System (DOAS) have been evaluated. Reproducibility of the + or - 0.1 TIA unit at the 2.0 TIA level and + or - 0.2 TIA unit at the 1.5 TIA level are achievable if a consistent, well defined sampling procedure is used. Significant odor sample trap breakthrough and sample volume effects have been isolated. The study indicates that care must be given to defining a standard odor sampling configuration and procedure.
- For Meeting held February 27-March 3, 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Cernansky, N P
- SAVERY, C W
- Suffet, I H
- Cohen, R S
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Chromatography; Diesel engine exhaust gases; Diesel engines; Exhaust gases; Instrumentation; Odors; Sampling
- Old TRIS Terms: Chromatographic analysis
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00184639
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780223
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM