TECHNIQUE FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF MALFUNCTIONS IN DIESEL INJECTION SYSTEMS
The majority of the faults studied during this work can be detected and distinguished from one another by measuring peak pressures (either in the pressure chamber of the unit injector or in the injector lines of the distributor injection system) at various speeds. All the data in this paper were taken at no load operating conditions, the most suitable conditions for the diagnosis of the engine while still in the vehicle. The peak pressure in the unit injector pressure chamber can be indirectly measured by mounting a strain gauge on an injector drivetrain component.
- For Meeting held February 27-March 3, 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Henein, H A
- Rozanski, J D
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Diagnostic tests; Diesel engines; Fuel injection; Fuel injectors; Maintenance; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Diagnostics
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine diagnostics; Diesel engine maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00184638
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: n 780033 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM