SPEED AND JUNCTIONS. BACKGROUND INFORMATION FOR THE PUBLICITY CAMPAIGN: "HOW FAST ARE YOU DRIVING NOW?"
SNELHEID EN KRUISPUNTEN. ACHTERGRONDINFORMATIE TEN BEHOEVE VAN DE ACTIE HOE HARD RIJDT U NU?"
Junctions are dangerous black spots for traffic. Therefore the Dutch Road Safety Association has started a publicity campaign with the theme: "how fast are you driving now?" during this campaign it is shown to the driver that arriving at a junction at too high a speed is dangerous. Background information for this publicity campaign is presented. Radio and television spots show during the campaign that an aggressive way of driving up to a junction, making it impossible to stop in sufficient time, is a dangerous matter both for the driver himself and for other road users. /TRRL/
VEILIG VERKEER NEDERLANDPO BOX 423
HUIZEN, Netherlands 1270 AK
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Advertising campaigns; Behavior; Drivers; Economic efficiency; High risk locations; Intersections; Law enforcement; Publicity; Radio; Safety; Speed; Speed limits; Television
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 1663: Accident black spot; 5911: Efficiency; 1534: Enforcement (law); 455: Junction; 8078: Netherlands; 8573: Publicity; 6947: Radio; 1665: Safety; 5408: Speed; 624: Speed limit; 6949: Television
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00184471
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM