LETTER TO AAR REGARDING DERAILMENTS OF HIGH CUBE CARS
Eight derailments occurring between November 1966, and July 1967, are briefly described. All have been written off as the result of wheel climbing on the high rail during rocking.
- AAR Reply Abstracted as BCL-1913, Letter Correspondence.
- Publication Date: 1967-8-23
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Box cars; Costs; Curved track; Cushioning materials; Derailments; Freight cars; Hopper cars; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Rocking; Technology; Vehicle dynamics; Velocity
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Car rocking; Cushioning
- Subject Areas: Finance; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00040448
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 22 1976 12:00AM