THE CHARACTERISTICS, EDUCATION AND EARNINGS OF TECHNICIANS
The project is concerned with the classification, education, training, and earnings of technicians. The report seeks an operational definition of the term technical and examines how one classifies individuals into the technical category. Improved methods of occupational classification are sought using the statistical technique of discriminant analysis to evaluate the impact of unreliably classified workers on the patterns of job activities displayed by workers in what was designated as technical occupations. A classification procedure based on the discriminant analysis is employed to allow reclassification of certain of the unreliable workers. The amount and type of education and the training of workers in technical occupations are examined, and differences in education and training are related to differences in earnings.
University of California, Santa BarbaraGeoTrans Laboratory
Santa Barbara, CA United States
- Winnick, A J
- Publication Date: 1970-9
- Pagination: 404 p.
- TRT Terms: Education; Job analysis; Labor market; Labor relations
- Old TRIS Terms: Education programs; Manpower studies; Personnel classification
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00015085
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1973 12:00AM