BEHAVIOUR OF THE METAL OF THE RAILS AND WHEELS IN THE CONTACT ZONE--ENQUIRY INTO THE PROBLEM OF SMALL DIAMETER WHEELS APPENDIX 3
The observations made at the Mairy mine concerning the wheel-rail dynamics are discussed. The width of the rolling band is wider than on the SNCF and can be explained by wear of the wheel and rail. It could also be due to transverse elastic deformation of the wheel. The calculations and measurements are summarized which were carried out in the laboratory of the SNCF to investigate the influence of the load, the curvature of the rail and the tire, and more particularly of wheel diameter on the stresses to which these components are subjected.
- Partial Copy--Appendix Only-Summary of Report Abstracted Separately, Question C53. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Deformation; Dynamics; Elasticity (Mechanics); Mathematical models; Rail (Railroads); Size; Stresses; Technology; Train track dynamics; Wear; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contact stress
- Geographic Terms: France
- Old TRIS Terms: Mathematical studies; Question c53; Wheel size
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040436
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Interim Report No. 3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 22 1976 12:00AM