BEHAVIOR OF THE METALS OF RAILS AND WHEELS IN THE CONTACT ZONE--THREE-DIMENSIONAL PHOTO-ELASTIC STUDY OF A LOADED BUT NON-BENT RAIL
The mathematical and modeling studies are being conducted to determine the stresses produced by the strains applied to rails and wheels. The early results of these simulation tests are presented.
- Partial Copy - summary only. Question C53 Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending stress; Deformation; Dynamics; Elasticity (Mechanics); Loads; Mathematical models; Photoelasticity; Rail (Railroads); Simulation; Stresses; Technology; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vertical loads
- Geographic Terms: France; Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Mathematical studies; Photoelastic analysis; Rail deformation; Rail stress
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040435
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Interim Report No. 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM