DEVELOPMENT OF MEANS FOR RAPID RETRIEVAL OF HULL FORM GEOMETRY AND PERFORMANCE DATA FOR THE MARAD STANDARD SERIES
The objective of the program was the computerization of the MARAD Standard Series (MSS) geometric hull form data in such a manner that offspring hull forms, defined by offsets and/or plots of body plans, buttocks or waterlines, could be readily obtained for any full-form design without recourse to interpolative decisions on the part of the program user, provided that the characteristics of the new design lie within the matrix of the extended MSS model characteristics. In addition, as high L/B forms such as Great Lakes vessels can be regarded as lengthened versions of the basic MSS full-ended series, the data base was extrapolated for use in Great Lakes design studies and estimates. The data base for this computer program was obtained from the parent forms, one short run afterbody and one long run afterbody), for the sixteen models which define the MSS.
- This report contains information which is Proprietary to the U.S. Government. Further distribution of this document or disclosure of the contents contained therein cannot be made without first securing the written consent of an authorized representative of the Office of Commercial Development of the U.S. Maritime Administration.
Hydronautics, Incorporated7210 Pindel School Road
Laurel, MD USA 20810
- Tomassoni, C
- RAWAT, P
- Sauer, T
- Setterstrom, C
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 213 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Computer aided design; Data processing; Fairing lines; Hulls; Information systems; Propellers; Propulsion; Resistance tests; Screw propellers; Tests; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull definition; Hull forms; Hull geometry; Lines fairing; Maritime information systems; Model testing; Propulsion tests
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00184190
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Hydronautics, Incorporated
- Report/Paper Numbers: Technical Rpt. 7644-1
- Contract Numbers: 5-38074
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 12 1978 12:00AM