ANALYSIS OF STRESS OF MECHANICAL ORIGIN IN WHEELSETS. NUMERICAL CALCULATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
Various methods of stress analysis have proved practical in studying the effects of external loading and wheel mounting pressures; Theoretical results have been validated with tests. Observations are made on rim thickness, plate designs, and hub and wheelseat configurations.
- Supported in cooperation with the Association of American Railroads, Federal Railroad Administration and Railway Wheel Association. Sixth International Wheelset Congress, October 22-26, 1978, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
American Iron and Steel Institute230 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60601
- Ibarreta, F
- Gimenez, J G
- Jalon, J G
- Muguerza, R
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Stresses; Stripping (Pavements); Structural analysis; Vehicle design; Wheel loads; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle design; Fretting; Wheel design; Wheel mounting techniques; Wheel stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00184171
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Iron and Steel Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 2 Tech Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM