A PERSPECTIVE OF RAILCAR WHEEL TECHNOLOGY
A brief history of the evolution of railway wheels is followed by an appraisal of recent developments. Included are finite element analysis, extension of elastic models to include inelastic effects, improved failure analysis, and future research requirements.
- Supported in cooperation with the Association of American Railroads, Federal Railroad Administration and Railway Wheel Association. Sixth International Wheelset Congress, October 22-26, 1978, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
American Iron and Steel Institute230 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL USA 60601
- ECK, B J
- Kucera, W J
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking performance; Defects; Failure analysis; Finite element method; Simulation; Stresses; Thermal stresses; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel defects; Wheel stresses; Wheel thermal stresses
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00184169
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Iron and Steel Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 2 Tech Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM