CONTROLLED MEASUREMENT OF WHEELSET TRUCK DYNAMICS USING SCALED TANGENT TRACK MODELS
This research is to develop cost-effective and time-efficient experimental techniques for study of rail vehicle safety through use of scale models on level tracks, and to develop a structured experimental data base on the static and dynamic characteristics of car trucks. The program addresses directly the major gap that exists between contemporary theoretical analysis of truck dynamics and validation on full-scale vehicles in the field.
- Supported in cooperation with the Association of American Railroads, Federal Railroad Administration and Railway Wheel Association. Sixth International Wheelset Congress, October 22-26, 1978, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
American Iron and Steel Institute230 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL USA 60601
- Sweet, L M
- PUTMAN, W F
- SIVAK, J A
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Freight cars; Hunting (Dynamics); Test facilities; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics; Truck dynamics
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00184165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Iron and Steel Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 2 Tech Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 12 1978 12:00AM