POSSIBILITIES TO IMPROVE SENSITIVITY OF THE METHODS FOR THE Q-FORCE MEASURING BY MEANS OF SPOKE WHEELS AND DISK WHEELS
Measurement of the vertical forces at wheels by means of transducers installed on spoked and solid wheels is described. The instrumentation is 5 to 10 times more sensitive than that described in the UIC/ORE Committee B10 Report 14. While it is possible to eliminate lateral effects from solid wheels, the spoked wheel continues to be influenced.
- Supported in cooperation with the Association of American Railroads, Federal Railroad Administration and Railway Wheel Association. Sixth International Wheelset Congress, October 22-26, 1978, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
American Iron and Steel Institute230 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60601
- Burada, C
- Buga, M
- Nailescu, L
- POPISTAS, A
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Derailments; Dynamics; Instrumentation; L/V ratio; Loads; Rail (Railroads); Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vertical loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b10
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00184161
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Iron and Steel Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 1 Tech Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 12 1978 12:00AM