GENERALIZED RELATIONS FOR THE CREEP-ADHESION FUNCTION IN DRY CONTACT
A dimensionless expression has been obtained for the adhesion creep curve that summarizes all the results obtained on a laboratory test facility. This expression seems valid in the case of dry contact, assuming smooth surfaces.
- Supported in cooperation with the Association of American Railroads, Federal Railroad Administration and Railway Wheel Association. Sixth International Wheelset Congress, October 22-26, 1978, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
American Iron and Steel Institute230 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60601
- Sciammarella, C A
- Kumar, S
- Press, M
- Seth, B B
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Creep; Rail (Railroads); Railroad simulators; Rolling contact; Test facilities; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail dynamics simulator; Wheel creep
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00184158
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Iron and Steel Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 1 Tech Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 12 1978 12:00AM