Anyone Seen the Invisible Hand?
Two think tanks, the conservative Adam Smith Institute and the liberal Catalyst, offer different opinions on the privatization of Britain's railways: the first believes the railroads should be completely privatized, the second that they should be re-nationalized. This debate reflects the larger political struggle between the Conservative and Labour parties. The article summarizes the viewpoints of the think tanks, public officials, and labor unions on this topic.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/49957551
- Coleman, Paul
- Publication Date: 2005-10
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: pp 14-15
- TRT Terms: Catalysts; Governments; Labor unions; Nationalization; Political factors; Politics; Privatization; Public policy; Railroads
- Identifier Terms: Adam Smith Institute
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01014790
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 7 2005 12:41PM