ADVANCED ENVIRONMENTAL COOLING CONCEPTS FOR SUPERSONIC AIRCRAFT
A study was conducted to compare the operating penalty of advanced closed-loop and regenerative open-loop air cycle concepts using fuel heat sinks with current technology bootstrap air cycle systems utilizing ram air heat sinks. The results indicate substantial reductions in fuel operating penalty can be attained with associated lower aircraft design gross weight.
- For Meeting held July 10-13, 1978.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Rajpaul, V K
- Runnels, J N
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooling; Environmental engineering; Fuel conservation; Heat sinks; Research; Supersonic aircraft; Supersonic speed
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research aircraft
- Old TRIS Terms: Supersonic flight
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00184002
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper n 78-ENAS-21
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM