EVALUATION AND ADAPTATION OF THE DOBROLUBOV AND ROMER METHOD OF MICROSCOPIC EXAMINATION OF HARDENED CONCRETE. METHODS AND EQUIPMENT USED IN PREPARING AND EXAMINING FLUORESCENT ULTRATHIN SECTIONS
This report explains the methods and equipment used of produce fluorescent impregnated, polished, ultrathin sections of portland cement concrete. These sections are used in the study of the microstructure of concrete and are examined by means of a microscope which combines the features of a petrographic microscope with those of a microscope having incident fluorescing capabilities. The unusual features of this microscope are detailed. Brief instructions for the use of teh microscope are given. A few of the features made visible by this preparation method and this microscope are shown in photomicrographs. /FHWA/
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1454
- Sponsored by DOT, Virginia Division of Federal Highway Administration.
Virginia Highway and Transportation Research CouncilCharlottesville, VA United States
- Marshall, B F
- Walker, H N
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete hardening; Equipment; Fluorescence; Impregnation (Engineering); Microscopy; Petrography; Portland cement concrete
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hardened concrete
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00183995
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- ISBN: 1454
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-VA-78-R54 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 12 1978 12:00AM