COMPOSITION BRAKE BLOCKS--COMPARATIVE TESTS ON THE TESTING PLANT
This report contains the results of braking tests from speeds of up to 160 km/h to a stop, and continuous braking tests at about 60 km/h. These were made employing 15 different existing types of composition brake blocks, on the brake block testing plant of the SNCF. The various types of brake blocks investigated had coefficients of friction remarkably similar both in character and magnitude. At the moment of coming to rest, the percentage increases in the instantaneous coefficient of friction is up to one tenth of that when braking is affected with cast iron blocks.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake shoes; Brakes; Braking; Coefficient of friction; High speed rail; Railroad trains; Technology
- Geographic Terms: France
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Question b64
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040400
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B64/RP 1/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM