BRAKE-SHOES MADE FROM SYNTHETIC MATERIALS--REPORT OF ENQUIRY
An enquiry was made to member organizations to gather information on the interest in and experience with the use of non-metallic brake blocks for railway brakes. Information was also sought from the literature on this subject. The interest in non-metallic brake blocks is very great, and it seems that there introduction may result in economical advantages, no steps of any importance have so far been taken for the drawing-up, on an international level, of specifications for these brake blocks. Only a few organizations have gained sufficient experience of many years standing or have introduced these brake blocks on any appreciable scale.
- Summary and conclusions. Question B64 Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1963-2
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake shoes; Brakes; Specifications; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Question b64
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040399
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM