Underlying the reason for writing this book is the desire to challenge the temptation to dismiss any aviation safety problem as one involving only unintelligent pilots. Most accidents are attributed to pilot error. It is also the purpose of this book to explore accident causes and to promote an understanding of the factors that affect the general safety record. Among the topics discussed in the book are: VFR weather-related accidents; IFR weather-related accidents; Night flying; Midair collisions; Alcohol and illegal drugs; and the pilot, airplane accident triangle. It is written in a language which would appeal to the layman as much as the professional pilot.
Delacorte Press1 Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, 245 East 47th Street
New York, NY United States 10017
- COLLINS, R L
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 276 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pilots; Air transportation crashes; Airline pilots; Alcohol effects; Alcohol use; Blood alcohol levels; Crash causes; Drugs; Flight; Human error; Human factors in crashes; Instrument flying; Midair crashes; Night; Safety; Visual flight; Weather
- Uncontrolled Terms: Visual flight rules
- Old TRIS Terms: Alcohol intoxication; Night flight
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00183923
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Civil Aviation Authority Central Library
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM