Stone is an inclusive term that relates to product sand materials ranging from highly finished exotic marbles through other finished varieties to crushed and broken stone, and the stone industry is the largest nonfuel, nonmetallic mineral industry in the United States. This Bureau of Mines report presents comprehensive data on stone, dimension stone, and crushed stone including definitions, uses, reserves-resources, byproducts, economic factors, operating problems, industry structure, technology, supply-demand relationships, and outlook to the year 2000.
Bureau of MinesC Street Between 18th and 19th Streets, NW
Washington, DC United States 20241
- Reed, A H
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Ballast (Railroads); Forecasting; Freight traffic; Mineral resources; Traffic forecasting
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00183914
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Report/Paper Numbers: BUMINES-MCP-17
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM