RAILROAD ACCIDENT REPORTS-BRIEF FORMAT ISSUE NUMBER 1-1977
This publication contains 142 briefs of selected railroad accidents, occurring in U.S. railroad operations during fiscal year 1977. The brief format presents basic facts, conditions, circumstances, and probable cause(s) in each instance. Additional statistical information is tabulated by types of accident, and casualties related to types of accidents, carriers involved, and causal factors.
National Transportation Safety Board800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1978-8-18
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 157 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Collisions; Crash investigation; Derailments; Human factors; Operating rules; Safety; Speed; Train operations; Trespassers; Vigilance
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00183885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Transportation Safety Board
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-RAB-78-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM