METHODOLOGY FOR QUANTIFICATION AND MEANS OF IMPROVEMENT OF TRACK STRUCTURE CONDITION WITH A PARTICULAR INTEREST TO ITS HETEROGENEITY
After Phase I showed that maintenance did not remove the varying track conditions which existed previously, Phase II was undertaken to determine how the varying conditions are affected by the different track maintenance operations and the sequence in which they are performed. Investigated were the ballast compacting time, the penetration of the tamping tool and the position of the ballast cleaner in the consist of M/W machinery. Rules were suggested for quality control between the respective M/W operations and for acceptance of an overhauled track.
- Report on Phase II of the Project under the USA-DOT Project Agreement No. 5.
Polish State RailwaysInstitute for Railway Research
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Compaction; Defects; Maintenance of way; Quality control; Railroad tracks; Soil compaction; Standards; Tamping
- Identifier Terms: Polskie Koleje Panstwowe
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast cleaning; Track irregularities; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00183884
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: RRD-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM