LNG TRANSPORTATION BY ROAD
LE TRANSPORT ROUTIER DU G.N.I.
Gaz de France has been active for several years in the highway transportation of LNG between its Havre and Fos LNG terminals, the Nantes Cryogenic Experimental Station and the satellite stations. Initial transport was by hired vehicles but, after numerous tests at the Nantes station, the company ordered trailers built according to its own specifications. The authors describe the methods adopted for equipping, loading and unloading the tank trailer trucks, as well as those for ensuring the safety of various operations all along the line. Finally, the factors involved in the reliability of highway transportation of LNG are examined.
- Presented as Paper 4 for Volume 2, Session 4 of 5th International Conference on Liquefied Natural Gas, Duesseldorf, West Germany, August 29-September 1, 1977.
Institute of Gas Technology3424 South State Street
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Montet, A
- Przydrozny, M
- Inquimbert, R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Hazardous materials; Highway safety; Highway transportation; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Specifications; Tanks (Containers); Trailers; Transportation; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Tank
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00183825
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 12 1978 12:00AM