THE INCREMENTAL SHEAR MODULUS IN AN INCOMPRESSIBLE ELASTIC MATERIAL
The incremental shear modulus is calculated for infinitesimal shear of an incompressible isotropic elastic material in a state of pure homogeneous deformation. Necessary and sufficient conditions that it be positive are obtained. These conditions are related to the Hadamard conditions for propagation of a wave of infinitesimal amplitude in the deformed material.
Lehigh UniversityCenter for the Application of Mathematics
Bethlehem, PA United States 18015
- Sawyers, K N
- Rivlin, R S
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Deformation; Elasticity (Mechanics); S waves; Wave motion
- Old TRIS Terms: Deformation stress
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00183717
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CAM-100-32 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0235
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 2004 12:00AM