The longest day. -- How concerned are you that maritime authorities and legislators have little understanding of what agents do, and of the need for professionalism among agency employees? -- How heavy is the burden of compliance with statutory duties carried out by the agent on behalf of his principals, especially ISPS Code reporting, waste disposal, vessel reporting, collections of statistics, etc.? -- How frustrating is the failure of shipowners to recognise the value of the agent -- and remunerate him accordingly? -- How difficult is it for agency comanies to attract and reatin young staff bearing in mind long and unsociable hours and relatively low pay?
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 2005-7-28
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: p. 38-45 : ill.
- Fairplay International Shipping Weekly
- Volume: 354
- Issue Number: 6338
- Publisher: Fairplay Publications, Limited
- ISSN: 0307-0220
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship agents
- Accession Number: 01009489
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University, Evanston
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Nov 17 2005 3:13PM