RAIL ANALYSIS. VOLUME 2: ENGINEERING COST-RISK ANALYSIS OF DEFECTIVE RAIL
This report develops a program that is aimed at reducing costs associated with rail failures and defects. The approach taken is to develop a computer model which takes into account the defect growth, detector car inspection, and rail failure processes. With accurate input data, such a model will permit the identification of the most cost-effective approach for controlling rail failures and derailments. Modifications in inspection and maintenance procedures, material selection and rail loadings can be explored.
Failure Analysis Associates750 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA United States 94304
- Johnson, D P
- Besuner, P M
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 170 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Cost effectiveness; Defects; Detection and identification; Failure; Failure analysis; Information processing; Inspection cars; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rail flaw detection
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail failure
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00183705
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Failure Analysis Associates, Incorporated
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-265 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: FAA-75-1-1(B)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM