The mêlée in Malaysia
Subtitle: In December, Airbus crowned a successful year by announcing a memorandum of understanding with AirAsia, a low-cost carrier based in Malaysia, for 40 A320s with another 40 options. March saw the airline confirm the deal, increasing it to 60 firm orders and 40 options. The deal was not only among the largest closed in the last twelve months, but also capped off a period in which Airbus dominated the narrowbody market; AirAsia is now the single largest A320 customer in the Asia-Pacific region. The aircraft will be delivered from late this year.
- Publication Date: 2005-5
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: p. 14-16 : ill.
- TRT Terms: Airplanes; Purchasing
- Identifier Terms: AirAsia Sdn. Bhd; Airbus A320; Airbus Industrie aircraft
- Geographic Terms: Malaysia
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01008931
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University, Evanston
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Nov 17 2005 2:49PM